16 oz (1 roll) Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
10 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 cups Bisquick
Butter flavored non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9x13" baking sheet with aluminum foil, then spray with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Mix the sausage and cheese together using your hands, or a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on low speed, until combined. Add the Bisquick mix, 1 cup at a time, until all ingredients have been incorporated.
3. Using a 1" cookie dough scoop, place 1" balls onto greased cooking sheet, about 1" apart. Bake for 15 mins, or until lightly browned.
4. Remove from oven and place on a paper towel to drain excess grease.
5. Serve warm, or at room temperature, with honey mustard dipping sauce.
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp honey
In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients until well combined. Serve at room temperature with sausage balls. Sauce can be covered in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
- This recipe freezes quite well. Once ingredients have been combined, scoop balls onto baking sheet (just make sure it will fit into your freezer!) and freeze for 30 minutes. No need to cover. Toss frozen sausage balls into a freezer Ziplock bag. Pull out & bake when ready. You may need to add a few more minutes to the cooking time.
- I'd highly recommend grating your own cheese. Prepackaged cheese contains cellulose to prevent caking and it can prevent sausage balls from sticking together.