1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs (room temp)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2.5 cups rolled oats (measure out oats, then blend to a fine powder in a food processor or blender)
2 cups (16 oz) chocolate chips
4 oz milk chocolate, grated
1 1/2 chopped nuts (your choice; optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs (one at a time) and vanilla; mix to combine.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Add chocolate chips, grated chocolate (and nuts, if desired).
5. Roll into balls and place 2" apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Once baking is complete, remove pan from oven, let cookies cool for 2 mins; then transfer to a wire rack for cooling.
Recipe borrowed from allrecipes.com