1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw walnuts
1/2 cup raw pecan halves
1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
1 cup honey
3 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp raw cacao
1 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks or morsels
1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries
1. Place all the nuts and seeds in a bowl. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch, and stir in the 1 tsp of salt. Cover and let soak for 24 hours.
2. Drain the nuts and seeds in a colander, and place on a paper towel to absorb the remaining water. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor and pulse the nuts until they're the size of oats.
3. Place the honey, coconut oil, cacao and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat until the cacao has dissolved. Add to the food processor with the cinnamon and remaining 3/4 tsp salt. Pulse 2-3 times to combine.
4. Pour the mixture into a bowl and mix in the coconut with a wooden spoon. Turn the mixture onto 2 parchment-covered baking sheets and spread evenly into thin layers.
5. Dehydrate in the oven at 170 degrees. Use a wooden spoon to keep the oven door open a crack to let the moisture out. After 2 hours, carefully stir the granola. Cook for another hour. Then turn the oven off, close the door completely, and dry for one more hour.
6. Transfer the trays to a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled, stir in the chocolate and strawberries.
Recipe borrowed from Against All Grain