1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
2. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugars, and beat well.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Then add the vanilla.
4. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture, adding about a cup at a time, and beat at low speed until just combined.
5. Stir in oats, chocolate morsels, and pecans (if desired). I'm a huge fan of using a small ice cream scoop to measure out even tablespoon-sized balls (but that's because I'm completely OCD and like the cookies to all be the same size). Place on ungreased baking sheet about 2" apart and bake for 12 mins.
6. Remove from oven, and cool on baking sheets for 3 mins, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.