1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
1 zucchini, quartered
8 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
2 carrots, peeled & grated
1 cup quinoa
16 oz organic chicken broth (water will work too!)
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
3-4 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce (if you use the regular soy sauce, omit the salt)
1 tsp salt
2 green onions, sliced
1. In a large pot, add the quinoa & organic chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 25-30 mins (until liquid is completely absorbed.) *Note: you may use water in place of the chicken broth if you so choose...the chicken broth just gives it a really nice flavor!
2. When you have about 10 minutes left on your quinoa, start preparing the rest. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook (stirring often) until the onions become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, broccoli & zucchini. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until veggies are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Then add the corn, peas, carrots & quinoa. Continue stirring, until mixture is completely heated through, about 1-2 more minutes.
5. Finally, add the ginger and soy sauce, and gently toss to combine. Cook until heated through, 2 additional minutes.
6. Garnish with green onions, and serve immediately.
*This recipe is gluten free if you use gluten-free soy sauce.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious