This has been, and always will be, one of my favorite treats!
Ingredients:6 cups Special K cereal
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter (not the all-natural kind!)
Butter flavored cooking spray
1. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray, then measure out the Special K into the bowl. Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray; set both aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and mix well.
4. Pour hot mixture over Special K and stir until combined. Spread into prepared pan. Let stand in a cool place, but do not refrigerate.
5. Once bars have completed cooled, measure out chocolate and butterscotch pieces in a medium microwave-safe bowl or double boiler. Melt them together, then spread the mixture evenly onto bars. Once firm, cut into bars. You may put the bars in the fridge at this point, but just long enough to harden the top layer ~ no more than 20 minutes.
Recipe borrowed from my mama's cookbook: "From My Kitchen, With Love"