This has been, and always will be, one of my favorite treats my mama makes!
Ingredients:6 cups Special K cereal
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter (not the all natural kind!)
Butter flavored cooking spray
1. Measure Special K into a large buttered bowl. Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray; set both aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and mix well.
4. Pour hot mixture over Special K and stir until combined. Spread into prepared pan. Let stand in a cool place, but do not refrigerate!
5. For the topping, measure out chocolate and butterscotch pieces in a medium microwave-safe bowl or double boiler. Once chocolate has melted, spread evenly onto Special K mixture. Once firm, cut into bars. You may put the bars in the fridge at this point, but just long enough to harden the top layer ~ no more than 20 minutes.
Recipe borrowed from my mama's cookbook: "From My Kitchen, With Love"