1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
pinch of cinnamon
butter flavored cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease an 8x8" (or a 9x13" pan will work just as well) baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, butter and boiling water. Set aside to cool (about 7-10 mins).
3. In a large mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, (a hand mixer will do the trick too if that's all you've got!) beat together the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Then add to cooled oat mixture and stir until completely combined.
4. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda & powder, salt, cocoa and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients and mix well. Pour the batter into your prepared dish.
5. Bake for 35-40 mins, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. * I always start with the lowest cooking time, then add time if necessary.* Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack before serving.
Recipe borrowed from www.allrecipes.com