1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans, optional
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt – set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add the eggs, beating well until incorporated. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture – (dough will become very thick!).
4. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts until evenly distributed. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top. Cool on wire racks.
Recipe borrowed from Vintage Victuals