2 bags frozen broccoli florets
2 cans (lower sodium) cream of mushroom soup
1 box Chicken Rice-a-Roni
2-3 large chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, mild or sharp
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray and set aside. Lightly season chicken breasts with a dash of salt and pepper, and place in your prepared baking dish. Bake for 35 mins or until chicken is completely cooked. (Use a meat thermometer to check the thickest part of the chicken breasts reads 165 degrees.)
2. While chicken is baking, prepare the rice according to package directions. (This takes about 25 mins to prepare.) Steam broccoli in a vegetable steamer in microwave; about 4-6 mins on high. (Or follow directions on back of package.) Drain well.
2. Mix chicken, rice, broccoli and soup together in a large bowl until mixture is evenly coated.
3. Spread into a 9x13" pan sprayed with Pam. Top casserole with grated cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
4. Serve alone or with your favorite dinner rolls!
** NOTE: Once baked, this dish can be placed in the freezer for about 2 months. Just make sure to bake everything as listed above, then cool completely, and cover tightly with foil and/or a tight lid. **
Recipe borrowed from mama's cookbook, "From My Kitchen, With Love"